While working with the boxxrf you might encounter the following error message:
“A safety error has occurred. The HT generator has been shut down by the safety circuit. To reset the safety circuit, do the following: […]”
The lid of the XRF will be locked and you can’t continue to measure until you followed the procedure that is described in the error message. This is done for safety reasons. The boxxrf produces radiation and should be handled carefully. X-rays are unhealthy and exposure should be avoided. The sensor locks itself when it unwanted vibrations are sensed.
The most common reasons of a blocked lid:
- The boxxrf sensor is moved to another location and handled too roughly.
- The boxxrf is standing on a table and someone or something bumps into the table.
- The lid is closed too roughly before the measurement starts.
- Someone tries to open the lid of the boxxrf while the instrument is still measuring.
- Someone tries to open the lid of the boxxrf when the measurement is finished, but when the lid is not yet unlocked.
o The yellow light on both sides of the boxxrf should be off (the lights are on when the measurement is still going on).
o When the measurement is finished you hear a clicking sound. This is not the sound of the lid being unlocked. The click means that the measurement is finished.
o When the colour of the lid in the upper right corner changes from orange to green, the lid is unlocked. This is shown on the picture. In this example the lid is closed but not locked.
!! The lid will get locked permanently when this safety error occurs too frequently. In that case a specialist is needed to unlock the boxxrf again.